Join us THIS WEEKEND at the 2013 Look & Listen Festival!
Check out the buzz:
The New Yorker: “a crew of youthful virtuosos”
The New York Times: “This adventurous festival offers treats for eyes and ears.”
Time Out New York: “An ambitious grassroots music and visual art series that grows more impressive with each passing year.”
Click here for ticket sales
The 2013 Look & Listen Festival
May 17th, 18th and 19th, 2013
We have a stellar line up of some favorite performers from past Festival seasons alongside musicians appearing on Look & Listen for the first time, including:
- Claire Chase & Svet Stoyanov play flute and percussion works by Stuart Smith, Luciano Berio, and a world premiere by Marcos Balter
- Phyllis Chen & Cuddle Magic offer a set from their avant-folk collaborative CD
- JACK Quartet performs a new work by Lewis Nielson
- L&L Composers Collective member Suzanne Farrin curates an evening of works by various composers entitled Music & Words featuring harpist Bridget Kibbey and oboist James Austin Smith
- Two world premieres co-commissioned by L&L and Concert Artists Guild:
- composer/pianist Michael Brown with cellist Nick Canellakis who creates a video for a New York themed multi-media work
- Brazilian composer/guitarist João Luiz writes for Sybarite5
- Ambient music played pre-concert, written by Look & Listen’s Vice President Sebastián Zubieta
- The M6 performs early works by Meredith Monk
- Momenta Quartet performs the L&L Composers Competition winning piece, Echopraxia by Evis Sammoutis
Click here for more details!
Our first-ever Poker Night was a big success! Thanks to all who came out and especially to Jen and David Gordon for hosting, and to Nick, Colin and Eric of Brooklyn Rider for dealing!
Click here for more details and pics!
Please support us!
The 2013 Look & Listen Festival promises to be one of our best seasons yet, bringing audiences exciting new works performed by cutting-edge artists, all in the intimacy of the Pratt Manhattan Gallery. We’re thrilled to continue expanding audiences’ horizons by presenting high-quality and adventurous repertoire, but we need your help!
Every dollar you contribute makes a difference. You can make a tax-deductible donation at our donations page. We appreciate your support!
What people said about the 2012 Look & Listen Festival:
“This personable festival has hit on a winning formula: vital new music presented by authoritative players in an informal setting, surrounded by contemporary art.”
Steve Smith, New York Times
Allan Kozinn, New York Times
Please visit our reviews page for more press on the 2012 festival